In case you have an iPhone, there are several ways to recover deleted SMS.
The first is through iTunes. In case you have it installed on your iPhone and have used it before as a backup feature, it is highly likely that you can use it to recover your deleted messages.
Restore Deleted SMS on iOS
If the mobile is an iPhone, there are several recommended routes to try to recover deleted text messages.
The first one is through iTunes. If it is installed on the phone, and the backup function has been used before, there is a high probability that you can recover deleted messages. It will be necessary to connect the device with iTunes to a computer, go to ‘File’ > ‘Devices’ > ‘Backup’. With the ‘Restore backup’ option, you can recover the SMS by following the steps indicated. All the content that had been stored on the iPhone before making that copy will appear again on the mobile phone.
Are there any programs that allow me to recover my deleted text messages from my Android phone?
Yes! Fortunately, there are several programs that allow you to recover deleted text messages on your Android phone. Some of these programs make use of data from a backup to restore messages. Among some of these programs, we find:
- Dr. Fone by Wondershare — This application is one of the best known and used for recovering deleted files. It is available to install from the Google Play Store, and is compatible with Samsung, Huawei, LG devices among others.
- DiskDigger — This application does not require installation, you just need to download and launch it from any computer. It works with 32 and 64 bit systems. And best of all, it’s completely free.
- MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android — It is an application to recover lost data, both from internal and external memory. It also offers two recovery modes; that is, you will be able to recover recently deleted data or old or damaged files.
How to see the text message trash?
How to recover deleted SMS on Android? Since there is no recycle bin on Android like there is on a computer, you can only recover deleted text messages from your Android phone with the help of backup or data recovery software.
Step 2Choose “Messages” > Click “Trash” > Select the text conversation you want > Touch “RESTORE NOW” to recover deleted texts to your Galaxy. There is also a Google Drive “Trash” feature. You can try to restore lost SMS from Google.
Why shouldn’t you use recovery software to recover texts?
- Root access: Almost all of the tools mentioned above needed access to the root folder of your phone. This folder is the one that stores a database of your texts and Android, by default, hides the folder since it belongs to the system. This permission can only be enabled by rooting your device, which can be a cumbersome process if you’re not someone who experiments with their phone.
- Expensive: Even if you are beyond the first limitation, you may not want to go through this process as you are actually paying to recover your lost messages. While some software may guarantee to recover your data for free, deleted text recovery will be part of the Pro package of almost all software. These versions are quite expensive and have a license price, which is high to retrieve a single text
- Privacy scare: Since these software tools have access to your root folder, they may be able to modify anything of the Android system. This is in addition to the fact that modern Android phones connect to PCs using the Media Transfer Protocol. Tools may also be able to steal your personal data and use it against you.
You may be out of luck if you’re trying to recover text messages. But good news is the fact that you can easily take backup of your messages. You can set your messages to automatically back up to the cloud so you can restore them at a later time. This will also help you when you want to recover messages from an old device to a new phone.