At one point, GoPro was valued at over eleven billion dollars. Now it’s about to become a penny stock, because if netizens can create action cameras and video editing software, anyone can. Action cameras are everywhere and one of the cheapest is the SQ11. It’s a rip off of the Polaroid Cube, it has a non-standard USB connector, a small battery, and the video isn’t that great. It only costs eight bucks, though, so he decided to greatly expand the capabilities of this cheap camera for a Hackaday Prize entry.
The main shortcoming of the SQ11 action camera is the small battery. It’s reportedly a 200mAh battery, but the stated 1-2 hours of runtime doesn’t sound like reality. The solution to this problem, as with most things in life, is to throw a few lithium cells at the problem.
Key Features of SQ11 Mini DV Camera App for Android APK
- 1280X720P Resolution Video Recording Press “On/Off” button to turn on the mini camera: the blue LED will light up: the mini camcorder is in 720p quality video recording standby mode. Press “On/Off” button once to start recording video; the blue LED will blink 3 times and turn off: 720p video is being recorded. The video will be automatically saved every 5 minutes. To stop recording, press the «On/Off» button.
- 1920X1080P resolution video recording Press “Power On/Off” button to turn on the mini camera; the blue LED will light constantly. Press “Mode” button once to enter 1080p resolution video capture mode: Red and blue LEDs will light simultaneously, the mini camera is in 1080p quality video recording standby mode. To start recording, press the “On/Off” button once – the blue LED will turn off and the red LED will blink 3 times and turn off – video is recorded in 1080p quality. The video will be automatically saved every 5 minutes. To stop recording, press the «On/Off» button.
- Motion Sensor Video Recording To do this, while in 720p or 1080p video recording standby mode, press and hold the “Mode” button on the mini camera. video for 3 seconds: The camcorder enters motion sensor recording mode. If motion is detected, video recording will start automatically, with the red and blue LEDs flashing at the same time. When recording the motion sensor, the video recording is automatically saved every 5 minutes.
- Photo Press the «On / Off» button to turn on the camera; the blue LED will light up. Press “Mode” button twice to enter photo mode; the red LED will stay on. To take a photo, press the «On / Off» button once: the red LED flashes once, the photo is saved. The resolution of the photos received is 4032×3024.
- Night Light Press the “On/Off” button to turn it on. Press and hold the «On/Off» button for 2 seconds; the red LED will blink twice; night lighting is on. To turn off the night lighting, press and hold the «On / Off» button for 2 seconds, the red LED will flash three times: the night lighting is off.
- Power Off To power off the camcorder, press and hold the “On/Off” button for 6 seconds. If the mini camcorder is in standby mode and not in use, it automatically turns off after 1 minute.